Vegetable Samosas Recipe
- Large mixing bowl
- Greased baking sheet
- 12 filo pastry sheets (each approx 30 x 18 / 12 x 7 inch)
- 3 large potatoes, boiled and roughly mashed
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) cooked peas
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp amchoor (dried mango powder)
- 2 green chillies (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 small red onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- melted butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F / Gas Mark 6.
- In a large bowl mix together the peas, potatoes, cumin, amchoor, chillies, onion, coriander, mint and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste and put to one side.
- Fold each filo pastry sheet in half lengthways. Put a large spoonful of the potato mixture at one end and then fold the corner of the pastry over the mixture, covering it in a triangular shape. Continue folding over the triangle of pastry along the length of the pastry strip to make the samosa.
- Place the samosas on a greased baking sheet, brush with the melted butter and bake in the oven for around 15 – 20 minutes or until nice and golden.
These delicious samosas can be made in advance then can be frozen until you require them.