Photo Credit : Ginny
Indian Butter Chicken Curry Recipe
- Large bowl
- Frying pan
- 500 g (1 1/4) skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets cubed
- 1 tbsp dried crushed chillies
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp minced root ginger
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 5 large tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 125 g (4 1/4 oz) natural yoghurt
- 125 g (4 1/4 oz) butter
- 2 sliced red peppers
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 1 good handful fresh coriander
- Firstly make the yoghurt mixture by mixing the chillies, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, garam masala, salt, root ginger, garlic, tomatoes and yoghurt together in a large bowl.
- Stir the chicken pieces into the yoghurt mixture and let it marinate in the fridge for 30 to 60 minutes (if time allows).
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan on medium heat and cook the red pepper slices and onion until the onion begins to turn golden brown (around minutes), stirring occasionally. Add the chicken and marinade to the frying pan. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the chicken firms and is no longer pink in the centre.
- Increase heat to medium high and mix in the cream and coriander. Cook until the mixture just begins to boil, stirring continuously. Serve immediately