Healthy Beetroot Soup
- Large saute pan with lid
- Hand blender or liquidiser
- 600 g fresh beetroot peeled and grated
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 1 onion chopped small
- 2 celery stalks chopped small
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped dill
- 300 g potatoes peeled and diced
- salt and pepper
- 100 ml soured cream
- Firstly heat the sunflower oil in a large pan and gently fry the celery, potatoes, onion and beetroot for around 5-6 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Next add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Cover the pan and simmer for around 35 minutes.
- Using a liquidiser or hand blender, blend the soup until nice and smooth. Return to the pan / heat and warm through again. Stir in the dill and season to taste.
When you are ready to serve the beetroot soup, add a tablespoon of soured cream in the centre of each soup and top with a sprig of dill for garnish.
Photo credit : Fred Fred