Gingerbread Men Recipe
- Large baking tray (or two smaller ones)
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling Pin
- 350 g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g soft butter or margarine
- 1-2 tsp ground ginger
- 175 g soft light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- Grease one large baking tray or two small ones, then preheat oven to 190C / gas mark 5.
- In a large bowl place the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger then rub in the butter. Add the soft light brown sugar and then stir in the syrup and egg so it makes a firm dough.
- Roll out the dough mixture to about 5mm thick and cut out your gingerbread men.
- Place the gingerbread men on the greased tray leaving a little space between each one as they will spread out.
- Cook for between 10 and 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave the biscuits to cool on a wire rack. Once cooled decorate with icing.
This quick and easy gingerbread men recipe is really simple to make. Enlist the help of your kids to keep them entertained during holidays or make them as a surprise for when they get home from school. If you don’t have any kids make them for yourself! They’re truly delicious.