Photo Credit : seventyoneplace
Chicken Korma Recipe
- Heavy based frying pan
- 2 chicken breasts, skinned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or ghee
- 1 inch piece cassia bark (optional)
- 2 cardamon pods
- 2/3 of a batch of basic curry sauce
- 1/4 tsp concentrated tomato puree
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 1 tbsp finely chopped creamed coconut
- 1 fresh coriander finely chopped
- salt to taste
- Heat a little of the oil in a large heavy frying pan then fry the chicken pieces over moderate heat until they are sealed and have turned white. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a heavy pan over a moderate heat then put in the cassia and cardamon and stir for a few minutes.
- Turn the heat to low then add the basic curry sauce, chilli powder, tomato purée and salt. You can add a little more tomato purée if the colour isn’t rich enough but no more than another half teaspoon.
- Add the chicken pieces and simmer on a low heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring from time to time. Add hot water if the sauce gets too dry.
- Finally, add the cream, chopped coriander and creamed coconut and heat through until the creamed coconut has melted. By the end of the cooking the sauce should be silky and not too thick.